Monday, March 2, 2009

Entry 1: Planning and Research 02/03/09

I have chosen the print option to make a music magazine. I have chosen the print option instead of the opening sequence because creating and writing for magazines is what I would like to do as a career. I also felt that i would be better at this option as i enjoy writing in a journalistic style and I am interested in the making of magazines.
          The genre of music my magazine will be based around is mainstream pop. The target audience will be young teens 11-16 and so I will have to make sure my magazine appeals to them and includes things they enjoy. To find out what this age range wants from a magazine I will carry out a questionnaire. I will also look at magazines and see what works and what doesn't and also what I enjoy most in a magazine. 
          At the moment, I don't know what my USP will be and so I will do some research and planning as to what could make my product unique. 
          There are many music magazines out there and to better them I will find out exactly which parts people enjoy about magazines and what parts people don't like about magazines. I will also find out new things people might like to see from a magazine.
          My product will be successful if it looks professional, is unique and meets the needs of my target audience.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment